Wednesday 3 October 2012

Tribal Art Work

IMAGES OF TRIBAL ARTWORK

  Tribal Art is the visual arts and material culture of 'igdigneous people. It is also known as Ethnographic art. The artwork varies from masks, face painting and sculptures, each different depeding on the tribe. They are something colourful, or something very plain and earthy. The artwork has been very modernized recently. The Moari tattoos have become very popular as body art and the patterns regularly get incorporated into fashion. Fashionable patterns as those such as aztec, african and aboriginal (and many many more!) I find the artwork quite interesting to look at but quite difficult to describe. 

Here are a series of images that show Tribal Artwork. Both the originals and contemporary, I found that looking at them will start to help me with the makeup ideas I need to consider. I can see the textures, the colours and the shapes that are popular with the style in order to consider what accessories and styling I need to look at. This research will help me with creating a contemporary catwalk and editorial tribal image thats suits current tribal trends, but still containts the original style.

African Tribal Mask

Village Scene In Warli Tribal Art Painting - Jey Manokaran

Hand Drawn Tribal Owl

 Aboriginal Art

Aztec Art

Aztec Symbol for 'Gold'

Maori Art

Contemporary Tribal Tattoo Design

Although a small selection of images, I have chosen ones that I think are absolutely beautiful. I can see that I am clearly attracted to the colourful images! I really love the aboriginal art because it is so bold, strong and powerful. I am getting more and more ideas on what sort of look I want to produce, and I know whatever the outcome I will be focusing on a lot of colour and beads!!
 _____________________________________________________

Wow. Look at the work from Phyllis Galembo (thanks FaceCulture!). Galembo is an photographer who has captured a series of wonderful Afican masks from different cultures. Shes captured the styles from all over the continent such as Sierra Leone and Nigeria. Her work is so captivating. The face is a bold statement and the body blends in so well as if to make a person into a completely different object. The images are so surreal, but there is an obvious sence of beauty and creativity. 




 These images are really making me more keen on the African Tribal look. I want to go out and experiment with African accessories and patterns and practice putting together some styles to see what really works for me!
 _______________________________________________________

.

No comments:

Post a Comment