Friday 5 October 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice!


TRIBAL BODYART PRATICE


This is my first attempt at Tribal Body Art. I don't think I did too bad! I have learnt a lot just from this one practice. Brush thickness is CRUCIAL. I used a brush that was a little too thick and it was hard to create the narrow lines. It got quite blobby at times and I could have made it a lot neater and more to perfection if I had practiced with brush thicknesses before hand. (Or just do what MAC did for Rodarte and use a Sharpie!) I am now more inspired to do more freehand art work, not just on the body but also on paper as well. I think the next pattern I am going to work towards is 
Aboriginal - I WANT TO USE COLOUR!!

ABORIGINAL DRAWING

Here is my attempt of Aboriginal drawing, taken from the image shown below it. I wanted to use colour and patterns that stood out. I love it! What amazing artwork the Aboriginal Tribes created. So bold and powerful and full of excitement. Here is the practice on paper, now its time to incorporate an idea on the skin!!

Hand Drawn Aboriginal Art


Inspired Piece of Aboriginal Art

Aboriginal Art makes me think of beads from the way the small circular patterns look. To incorporate this into a high fashion editorial or catwalk look, I would feel the need to use a lot of jewellery and accessories. I get the impression its very earthy, like the African styles I have looked at, so would also look more into these colour schemes. I would now like to produce a colour chart of the Aboriginal and African colours to get a feel of what sort of look I will be creating. 

MAORI TATTOOS

Pinned the boyfriend down and drew some tattoo designs on him! Have to say, it was quite fun creating them but I really under estimated how hard they were to design. At first glance they dont look like there is much to them, but I can see they take a lot of planning and consideration to make them look good. It all depends on the shape and size of the arm to see what will work. I liked my first attempts though, but I will be planning out more ideas on paper before jumping straight onto the skin!














1 comment:

  1. Nice visuals here. The aboriginal artwork - yes! more on this please.

    You need to experiment more on paper before you apply your elaborate designs to the skin. Having said that, you understand the need to practice the finesse you have acquired on paper so that it translates to the body. A lovely start using boyfriend as a testbed.

    ReplyDelete