Monday 1 October 2012

'Wild Kingdom'

_____________________________________________________

Throughout this blog I will be looking at a 'mash up' of tribal and physical transformations. So, I will be producing moodboards, catwalk images and editorial images, each experimenting with the broad tribal styling, make up and accessories in the fashion world. I have started with some images that  show my inspiration of 'Wild Kingdom'.

Above is an image from Shu Uemura's Makeup Collection for Fall 2009. The image transforms beautiful art to create a beautiful look. I love the colours, I love the simplicity and I LOVE the accessories!!


I found this image on another blog, and I love it! The blog expresses different makeup from different cultures, which is so interesting and helpful for me to look at. This particular image I have shown is a Vogue Beauty Issue portraying the look of 'Africa'. Its simply beautiful.

_______________________________________________________7

MUSIC VIDEOS 

Found some music videos that portray a tribal style. I absolutely love them! Listening the to music and watching the videos has really got me in the mood for blogging!!

Rihanna - Where Have You Been?:
 Tribal through the obvious hair and makeup, but also the locations and the colour schemes within the styling. My favourite scene is the water scene, shows tribal through a very dark and mysterious way - to me, what they are!


Kelis - Acapella:
A very obviously tribal video. Tribal is shown through the location of the video and the styling completely as it is based on the theme. It is telling a stroy, but still does so in a contemporary way which I love. This helps with understanding how you can modernise such a strong original look.


Nicki Minaj - Pound the Alarm:
A much more fashionably tribal video. Some people may disagree that this is trbial, but I think the shots of Nicki and the back up dancer in the Indian style costumes are amazing. They show a strong powerful tribe of dancers and although this may not be an original idea, it definately shows a modern version of a tribe - very catwalk and editorial!


No comments:

Post a Comment