Saturday 20 October 2012

FACE CHARTS!


LETS EXPERIMENT!

Now I've done the transfers and the tattoos, its time to get serious with some more tribal make up! I am so inspired to do these tribal shoots I just don't know where to start when it comes to planning my looks! So to give me a hand I am going to start on some face charts and begin to create some looks that I have become really eager to do. These will be a mix up of both catwalk and editorial, so look out for the extras of headpieces, clothing and/or body parts!!

FACE CHART RESEARCH
 
I did a little research online on face charts and make up that is inspired by tribe. I wanted to put these on my blog first to show where some inspiration has come from. I haven't put them on there to be copied, they are just there to give me an idea of some looks that have been successful in the past! From the past research this has taught me that this is what I want to do before jumping into random designs. I will obviously always look at my research to show what looks I want to incorporate into my designs, but this is a really good way for me to look at editoral and catwalk designs - to show me what sort of standard works the best!

MAC 2008 HALLOWEEN TRIBAL FACE CHART
MAC 2009 TRIBAL FACE CHART
MAC LONDON FASHION WEEK TRIBAL INSPIRED


Found the face charts on this website.. going off track a little but take a look - they're fab!
 http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/face-chart?before=1349026134

BODY CHARTS 

I know this is supposed to be focusing on face charts, but I have actually been quite excited about creating looks that mix with African tribal jewellery and Maori tattoos. I love the combination - so here are some designs I have done on the neck and the hand/wrist that I wanted to share with you!




These are my step by steps of my first design for the hand and arm. I started with just drawing examples of accessories and working with colours and beads that I thought represented the African culture. I then got a little braver and started adding Maori tattoos, seeing if the two worked well together. Well.. I love the outcome! I don't know what it is but I just think that they work so well together! The beads and the patterns just seem to connect and they sort of show each other off quite well. For a random decision, I am actually quite pleased with how this looks! Maybe I do want to work with Maori tattoos then...



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment