Friday 19 October 2012

Tattoo's Inspired by Artists


 JEAN LUC MOERMAN

Alongside looking at original tribal tattoos and then practising them myself, it has also been advised to look at the artist Jean Luc Moerman. Moerman is an artist from Begium who draws on top of photos of models, objects and photographs. His work is absolutely amazing! Personally, I have been more inspired by his work over the top of models because they look at lot more like tattoos, but generally looking at his work over objects is also very interesting. Below are some examples of his incredible work.

A General Example of his Drawing

Drawing onto a Bicycle

Drawing onto a Model
Three amazing examples of drawing onto the body and making it look like body art / tattoos.
My favourite images are the ones on the body. I just think they are so interesting and beautiful. I always have loved the work of body art and painting but this is simply beautiful! Its so creative! It makes me think of tattoos and realates really well to my research of tribal tattoos. I am not even sure if I want to have tattoos on my outcomes because I feel that they might make my image to OTT with the looks I want to create. HOWEVER I am totally in awe of these images and it has got me thinking- it is such good practice to see where tattoos would fit on the skin and in a way works just like a face template for the body. So, this has made me think about doing my own versions. 

Firstly, I am starting with magazines and drawing onto of images from there to see what sorts of tattoos make a good pattern and style. Then, I am going to print photos of my potential models and draw on top of those as well.

DRAWING ON TOP OF MAGAZINES



These are my drawings on top of magazine shoots. As you can see, my work got better as I worked on more photos. I got more experimental and my art got a lot bolder which shows I got a lot braver as I worked. From looking at this evaluation, I have come to the conclusion that I will be doing a lot more of these because I clearly need a lot of practice before I am satisfied with my ideas and I can see I have worked to my best ability. Out of these images, the bottom two are my favourite because they are a lot more planned. They have worked much better and look really creative. It is clear that I am really inspired by the Maori tattoos because I love that they are so bold and full of pattern and shapes. Therefore, I can see if I do want to work with tattoos this is something I will be doing!

MAORI INSPIRED
MAORI TATTOO - a more colourful example!

I know I have already shown this image, but this is my practice of Maori tattoos inspired by the work I have shown above. Showing the image here explains where it has come from and shows the connection between my research and my experiments. There are more to come!!

ALEX BOX

Alex Box is looking at a completely different end of the scale, but she also does paintings on the skin that look very similar to these patterns. I am looking at her, not for inspiration for tattoos styles, but for inspiration regarding an editorial look. Her work is set out for the fashion industry so I think its important for me to consider how I could incorporate a tribal inspired tattoo look onto the face. Not only has she done specific tribal make up, I want to show the images that make me think of tribal make up and tattoos. This research will also help me with the up coming face charts. Box also did a lot of work with Rankin that makes me think of tribal. The work is very much like that of Maori tattoos - have a look for yourself and see if you agree!

Alex Box - Similar to a Maori Tattoo
Alex Box - Editorial Style of a Maori Tattoo (in my opinion),

Alex Box and Rankin - A Colourful Tribal Look!

No comments:

Post a Comment