Monday 22 October 2012

OUTSIDE OF AFRICA


African tribal fashion to me is beads, colour, fur, feathers and boldness. However, its not just the tribal styling that creates this look, it is also accomplised in the general fashion world. Many other trends adopt beads and patterns, which is something I now want to start looking at. I have collected together a few images that are inspired by each of these things and that are not necesserily tribal. 

 I am looking at items of clothing, shoes, jewellery and other accessories that have adopted a tribal theme, but wouldnt necesserily be what I would use for a shoot to suggest tribal. Instead, they are influences for me and give me an idea on the texture, colour and patterns used. The fashion is obviously inspired by tribe, but has been adapted to fit into the fashion world. I think this is important to consider because it gives me an insight on how to make my editoiral and catwalk designs contemporary to fit with todays fashion world.

Contemporary Fashion Sandals Inspired by Tribal
Original African Tribal Shoes

Contemporary African Jewellery

Original African Beads
Contemporary African Tribal Fashion
Original Zulu Fashion
Contemporary African Art

Traditional African Art
Contemporary African Pattern
Traditional African Pattern




Although this is a brief post, I just wanted to show an example of how trends have been changed from the original styles to the contemporary styles. Like I say this allows me to see how to make editorial and catwalk images work. Looking at the comparisons of the images, I think now you'll also be able to see the similarities, but the differences. This is really giving me a good idea on what I need to be working towards and how I can develop my ideas into brilliant designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment