Wednesday 3 October 2012

Moodboard


WHAT IS A TRIBE?

A 'Tribe' is a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties. There are many different types or tribes, also known as 'ethnic groups' or a 'nation'. Examples of well known tribes are:
African
American Indian
Indian
Eskimos
Aboriginal
Aztec
Rainforest

I have researched different ethnicities and tribes in order to produce a moodboard. I took a selection of images and mixed them together because I was inspired by them. I looked at the makeup, the accesories, the hair and setup of the tribe. There were so many images that I wanted to upload!

_______________________________________________________

TRIBAL MOODBOARD



The above mooboard are my tribal inspirations. I love the series of colour and pattern that the tribes use. I looked into many different tribes which would help me in the future with my 'mash up'. From looking at these images, I have learnt that I really love the African Tribal style and this is something I would love to work with. Its bold, exciting, interesing and vibrant. It stands out which and would look amazing as a shoot!
 _______________________________________________________

ACCESSORIES MOODBOARD


Yes, this moodboard is simple, but dont you think it sums up tribal accessories well enough? Simple, beautiful and inspirational. I love it!!

_________________________________________________________

WILD KINGDOM CATWALK MOODBOARD

Without getting too carried away with blogging all the different tribal catwalk trends, this is a moodboard of the ones I love and have been really inspired by. Hopefully this will get me going on narrowing down some tribal trends as opposed to wanting to mash every single thing I see into one! 


_________________________________________________________

EDITORIAL MOODBOARD

The above moodboard is my editorial moodboard. Whilst creating the moodboard, I realised that I have really come across the theme of African Tribes and I think this is something I really am interested in. The images make me feel passionate about the makeup, hair and styling because I appear to be completely in awe of the style. The tribal images always catch my eye first and I just love the way that I have so quickly become so in love with a look. I love the accessories that are always accompanied to complete this style. I think this is something I am going to be really keen on working towards because I want to create a look that is really accessorised and styled and not just about the hair and makeup. When it does come to hair and makeup however, I love the bold colours and the beauty they hold. I can really see myself strongly working towards african inspired work, but I am yet to decide on a particular tribe and style.

_______________________________________________

After looking at the research I have done since this, I have come back on myself to produce two more moodboards which represent the influences for my catwalk and editorial shoot. These new ones are a lot more explanatory of the inspirations that I have. 

CATWALK MOODBOARD


EDITORIAL MOODBOARD


1 comment:

  1. The Wild Kingdom Tribal Moodboard is incredibly strong. This is mainly due to the range of images you have collected together - they work successfully because of the colours and the detailed techniques you have shown.

    It would be useful to attempt the same visual sensibility in your other boards. Start by having less white space. Focus on detailing that could inform your make-up practice.Begin to use references that are based on your own primary research - go to the beach and draw tribal lines in the sand (have a look at the work of Richard Long- artist). You can bring together many ideas, not all have to based on an ethnic interpretation.

    ReplyDelete