Tuesday 23 October 2012

Native African


NATIVE AFRICAN

I just had a brainwave! Wouldnt it be amazing to try and combine Native American feather head gear (or just general feathers) with the Zulu tribal beaded jewellery?! YES! The colours would be beautiful, bold and the textures of the feathers and beads would echo each other beautifully. 
This look would be known as Native African (a real tribe) and this is something I now need to look into so I can work on my 'tribal mashup'.



This image shows a combination of the two. Everything screams accessories and colour but at the same time it represents the earthyness of Africa. I think it is truly stunning.

Native African Man

 I am also looking tribes that are of the Native Americans. This shows a different style of a Native Tribe and allows me to also work on my 'mash up'. Here are some images of the Native American Tribes:

Native Amazonian Tribe
Native Tribe from Papa New Guinea
Now, I know this is only a brief description, but I dont want to get too carried away with other tribes. But overall I am basically choosing to combine different African Tribes together. I want to do have a mash up of Zulu, Native African and then the additon of Maori tattoos. From my research, these are the tribes that I am most drawn to and that I love. I really do think that the combination of each will work so well together. 

So, now its time to do some face charts and see if these three too look how I want them to look!
(Lets never forget though, I am always going to design an African Tribal look).

No comments:

Post a Comment