Monday 22 October 2012

OUTSIDE OF THE TRIBAL WORLD


Its time to look at fashions outside of the tribal world. These fashions are more current, but would have the same effect on creativity as tribal does. For example: Punks have a very particular style that make them unique, but also show which 'tribe' they belong to (so to speak). 
I am going to look at punk because it is quite an obvious example. Their look is very to themselves and you would never not know what style they would be linked with. However, its not just the clothing - its also the hair, the makeup, the piercing and the accessories. Take a look!

PUNK


Punk Rock Facial Art
Punk Fashion
Punk Editoral Fashion
Drastic, Colourful Punk Hair
Punk Piecerings and Tattoo's
Vivienne Westwood Punk inspired catwalk. She was BIG on punk.
 These images just give a brief overview of what a tribe could also be. It takes me away from just looking at tribes from the past and takes me more into the contemporary world. It allows me to explore a fashion trend that is synominous with punks. (associated as them).

There are some things that I have seen in the Punk trend that has made me think of African styling. For example, they wear a lot of jewellery which is something Zulu's are well known for. The big hair also reminds me of the baskets that African women wear on their heads. This is a look that I want to create for my catwalk look, and to see the big hair makes me inspired by this. There are such similarities in punk fashion and my african fashion, hense why I have chosen punk as my 'Out of Africa' style!

No comments:

Post a Comment