Thursday 18 October 2012

Back to Blogging!

Been really ill with tonsillitis over the last week so havent been able to blog! BUT I am back and ready to catch up on everything I have missed! Whilst I was unwell I did do some designs of tribal tattoos on the body and learnt how to do transfers! Here is some work I have done...

TRANSFERS

Using magazines I have done some transfers. This is done by finding an image out of a magazine (I mostly went for faces) and applying it to the skin by placing it on and then wiping cotton wool soaked nail varnish remover over the top. Once enough has been spread on, you then peel off the image and a rough outline appears on the skin. From here, you can paint into it using body paints and create a really bold tattoo like image! I have gone for tribal on them all as of yet because these are just practices, but here is what I have done:

MAGAZINE PRINT:
 

This is the image just after is has been transferred onto the back. I chose the face because it is really interesting to work into and shows my artistic ability and my freehand skills. I also thought I could work into it tribally.


This is what the outcome of my transfer looked like after I worked into it. Instead of working tribally into it I decided just to go for a practice run if colours and skills. This will then later allow me to know how is best to work into the transfers. I really love the idea of transfers and its such an easy way to look at creating the tattoos (as shown on my previous post). This might not be a pattern, but it is quite cool to create actual drawings! Its really inspired me to work on a few more, and hopefully gradually get more trial inspired as I move forward.

  WALLPAPER PRINT


I wasn't pleased with this transfer at all but I thought it was best to show it so I could see where I went wrong! Firstly, this transfer was done differently so the outcome hasn't just got worse as I have worked on more designs!! This was done by using wallpaper. The wallpaper is raised (like that for feature walls) so I cut out the shape and decided to use it as a print. I painted the shape and then literally printed in onto the skin! This didnt work so well though because it smudged quite a lot. I probably but the paint on too thick or moved my hand too much and the print moved around causing the smudge, but I have decided that I much prefer doing it with newpapers or magazines!!

 TRIBAL INSPIRED MAGAZINE PRINT



This image is my tribal inspired image. I really thought about this one before doing so because I knew I had already done my practice work and now it was time to get serious! I was really classy - I bought the sun and used the naked woman - but there was a meaning behind it! Basically, I wanted to go for an African Tribal inspired look. I used the naked woman because that is very Zulu, and then painted into it with the skin colouring, the beads and jewellery. Its quite simplistic but I actually much prefer it. I changed it from what the original image was a lot and gave my own interpritation of what I wanted an African Tribal woman to look like. I could be braver and work more jewellery into it, around the neck and on the head, but I was a little worried that it might look at little OTT! Nonetheless, I love this image (the boyfriend didnt mind having a naked woman on his back either so he was happy to model this time!!).






No comments:

Post a Comment