Tuesday 20 November 2012

Summary of Catwalk Idea

CATWALK

My catwalk idea is very different to my editorial idea. Although both ideas have come from the same research, I have to ensure that the outcomes are very different. The reason for this is so I can show my broad skills and ideas from research and create two very different looks that represent the idea of editorial and catwalk.

My idea for my catwalk shoot is very evenly makeup and styling spread. My editorial focuses a lot on the bold makeup and clothing, but this is going to be more about the makeup and hair and then the beauty of styling. Everything will be a combination of each other in one look.

So, the main theme for my catwalk idea is NATIVE AFRICAN! (Made up of Native Tribes and African Tribes mashed together).

HAIR

I want to create hair that gives off a really eccentric african impression. I will be doing this by having circular shapes at the front of the hair which are embellished with different coloured beads. These beads will represent the african zulu tribal styling. I then want to have the back of the hair coming down each side onto the shoulders, embellished with feathers. (this suggests that I need long hair). On the top of the head will be a native feather head wear. Overall the intention of the hair is to suggest the theme of Native African that I have been talking about (my combination of Native, African and Maori tribes).

I have chosen to have a lot of accessories in the hair because its a catwalk look, and this means that the styling and accessories need to be secure on the head when walking down the runway. To have hair like my editiorial shoot wouldnt work as it wouldnt be stable. This is how I have chosen the difference between my shoots.

 MAKEUP

The makeup for this is going to also be based on Native and African traits. I will be showing this by combining the stripes on the side of the face with a white face paint, and then adding red around the eyes alongside black eyeliner and mascara. To represent the african makeup I will be having bold bronzed cheeks and then red lips. I am also quite attracted to a black line over the lips down the chin and neck. But lets see how the face charts work out!

STYLING

 For the styling, I am going to use a plain black bodycon strapless top. I will wrap a scarf around the neck that comes over the shoulders, but differently to my editorial style. I will then be combining this with jewellery but instead of using that of bold large pieces, I will be using chains and feathers.

The overall outcome for this look will be a lot less colourful and 'hectic'. It will be much more about the fashion as opposed to the overall look. This will show my knowledge in the difference between editorial and catwalk.


NOW TIME FOR FACE CHARTS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment