Sunday 25 November 2012

FINALISED IDEAS!!

Okay! This is the final blog post blabbing about ideas! After so much confusion and problems with this project. I have now come to a full conclusion on both ideas and here it is.

Originally, I had both my models picked early. However, last week they both decided to pull out! So now I am left stressed and panicing over the face that I have to find someone else so short notice to stand in. AND this changes a lot of my ideas! Because I was going to have two different models, I was going to use the same african theme. This was because a difference would have easily been shown between the two due to the face that a) I had one black and one white model and b) the models looked extremely different. However, this is now no longer the case. So, instead I ave now decided to split up my theme and instead of going for the TRIBAL MASHUP OF NATIVE AFRICAN (my fancy idea) I am now just going to be plain and simple. Editorial = African. Catwalk = Native. The ideas arent completely random because they are still exactly as I have researched, it just means that they are no longer combined and they are seperate. BUT THIS WILL WORK!!!!!

SO, after lots of crying, stressing and probably some bad words (oops!) I have now come to my conclusions of ideas and a model. Here she is:

Olivia Newman, 19, Student Photographer, Essex



Her hair is going to be perfect for the idea I have for my catwalk as I want the hair down, but also for the editorial because it needs to be 'beehived' and you need a lot of hair for it to cover the doughnuts perfectly! I think her hair really will be the best feature for the catwalk though because this is where I am going to drift into the native theme. This will be focusing on native american tribe, BUT, this tribe is also looked upon briefly in african - known as the native africans (I have done a few posts on them). Feathers, beads, fur - all will work really well with her look. And a strip of red across the eyes to emphasise the native makeup. BEAUTIFUL IDEA!

Have a look at this website for some inspiring native american/african images - http://www.trendhunter.com/slideshow/traditional-native-american-renderings#5

And here is an image that might give you a visual of the catwalk look I am aiming for:

NATIVE AMERICAN

MASH UP - NATIVE AMERICAN/AFRICAN

NATIVE AFRICAN




Then for the editorial. This idea is going to be exactly the same as I have posted in the past. A headscarf, a beehive, lots of coloured jewellery and bold coloured makeup. Again, her pale skin shows the complete oppsite to the original african zulu tribal women, BUT isnt this really the idea of a mashup!? I have said all along that I thought it would be a good idea to mashup the look but changing the appearance completely. I mean, its not about me copied the idea of a tribal look, its about me being inspired by a trend and compsoing my own final idea!

Heres an image of what inspires me for the african tribal editorial look:




I have been  speaking to my lecturers about my ideas because I have been torn between which tribe should be for catwalk and which should be for editoral. I have been told to focus on the ideas that I have got and then, if necessary, change the ideas dependant on the outcome of the image. Although this is a bad thing to do I think this is something I am going to have to look at doing otherwise I am going to keep flipping back and fourth on ideas!! 

However, I do think that I want to keep my ideas as they are because my editorial has a lot more jewellery and accessorising than my editorial and this would be something restrictive when moving on the catwalk. The hair for the editorial also wont quite be as secure as the hair for the catwalk idea and this is also very important to consider.

Now lets look at some face charts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment