Monday 19 November 2012

Accessories


These are some of the accessories I have put together for my editorial styling. I am focusing on scarves which would go around the head and bold beaded necklaces and bracelets. 
I picked up some cheap scarves from Primark that I thought represented tribal prints. I have raided many wardrobes of friends for scarves as well! I have also searched high on low on the internet in order to find some budget accessories by finding some good buys on ebay. I have also considered making my own jewellery, but the cost of this could sometimes work out to be just as expensive if not more.

SCARVES

 These are the three scarves that I bought from Primark which I thought represented tribal styling. The patterns reference the Africa tribal theme I am focusing on. The scarves will be placed around the head of the model for my editorial shoot. I might not use all three patterns, but I will be using at least one of them.





JEWELLERY

For the accessories, I want to include large colourful pieces of jewellery to my styling. Zulu's and most african tribes are well known for their colourful, large jewelllery and lots of beads. This is something I am going to incorporate more so into my tribal mash up. This might seem as more ofn a focus than the makeup at the moment but this is because I want to test my skills. I know that mostly i focus more on makeup than styling, but for this look it is so important for me to have strong styling and then having the makeup matching that (instead of working the other way around). 

My intention for the jewellery is to have more than one piece around the neck. I want lots of different styled necklaces - small beads, wooden beaded, large metal shapes and long beaded and feathered pieces. The combination will reference all of the tribal inspiriations I have had throughout this project, and show the idea for my mash up.
 
Here are some images of the jewellery that I intend to use. I have searched on the internet for budget jewellery that I can purchase for the shoot.

Elephant Cuff Necklace
Leather Stripped Necklace with Jewels (Referencing Elephant Wire Jewellery)

Arrow Necklace (Referencing Zulu Warrior)

Long Necklace (Referencing Zulu Tribal Woman)
Wooden Beaded Necklace (Represents Typical African Jewellery)
Bold Colourful Necklace (African Tribal)
Colourful Tribal Inspired Jewellery from H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment