Saturday 10 November 2012

Editorial Hair

For my editorial hair, I want to focus on the idea of a typical African woman. This consists of the idea when women carry things on their heads. I am looking at two different ideas, the first is when they carry the cermaic bowls on their head and the other is the representation of the scarfs. My idea is to combine the two, by creating a sculpture on the head in the shape of a bowl, but using scarfs that represent african patterns. The scarfs will pile up quite high on the head, hense why I am choosing this idea for my editorial look. 

Below are some images of the original african references and some editoral inspirations as well.

CERAMIC BOWLS




HEAD SCARVES



 
The way I intend to portray my idea is by creating a bowl of out the scarves. However, I do not necesserily want to create the exact shape of a bowl, instead I want to make the scarves a huge pile on the head so it doesnt just look like the traditional African head scarf, but it looks like something is being carried on the head. Within the scarves, I want to embellish beads to reference the Zulu tribe. 

Now its time to practice this scarf idea!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment