Monday 26 November 2012

CATWALK

The shoot is nearly arriving! On Wednesday, I'll be producing the outcome of my catwalk shoot. So its time to get everything thats in my head and written on random bits of paper down on this blog! 

I am so excited for the outcome of my Catwalk look but a little worried that there will be problems! For example, I'm nervous that the fact I am doing two completely different tribes instead of just two different looks from the same tribe. I'm worried that this wont show a connection between my looks and my tribal inspirations and my idea wont look underpinned with research!!

BUT, this is something that I will have to wait out. So here is my FINAL Catwalk idea:

FACECHART


The idea for my makeup has come from the Native American/African tribal theme. For this, I am going to be using very earthy colours, which will show a complete contrast between my catwalk and editorial shoot. The makeup is going to be very bronzed on the face to darken the skin, and then smudged red across the eyes and up the forehead. This will represent the scarification, which is big in african tribes. The colouring wont be bright red, itll be a pinky red to look like freshly burnt skin. The lips will be deep purple/brown with a black line down the bottom of the chin to represent the native american and maori body art.

EQUIPMENT:

- Illamasqua Foundation
- Illamasqua Bronzing Duo
- Supracolor Pallette
- Duo Glue
- Face Clay
- FULL KIT

Combination of Tribes: African, Native and Moari

HAIR:

The hair looks pretty simple and plain, but there is more to it than meets the eye. I am going to have the hair down, which is accompanied by a feather large head piece. Some of the hair will have smell plaits within and little dreadlocked pieces. The dreadlocks will just be done by bulking up the hair and applying a clay mask over the top. The clay will also run through other parts of the hair and then over the neck and shoulders. 

STYLING:

The body will be made from a animal print scarf wrapped around the body. Then, around the neck will be a fur piece. Each of these pieces will be earthy colours representing the native african styling. Obviously, there will be the feather head piece which will be the main focus of the look and this is why I dont want the hair to be too extravigant underneath it.

Here are some images of the accessories I will be using within this look:

Fur Shoulder Piece - Primark £4.00

Fur Shoulder Piece Worn Backwards

Leather Animal Skin Bracelets - £3.00 each, Cambridge Market Stool

Long Feather Earrings - £3.00, Primark

Tribal Inspired Wooden Necklace - £7.50, Cambridge Market Stool

Tassle Vest Top - Primark, £7.00
Native Indian Feather Headpiece - Ebay, £29.00
Overall, I spent £53.50 on the accessories for this shoot. It might seem a little expensive, but that was just because of the head piece! However, because my hair isnt overally extravigant and I wanted a large head piece to be the focal point of my catwalk shoot. The headpiece is made from real feathers which bumps the price up even more. But, I think its well worth the money and hopefully it'll really bring together the catwalk styling!

Once adding the cost of the makeup I will be using, I am going to estimate that it was around £100 overall for everything. However, the outcome will proove that this is worth it - and lets be honest, decent fashion and makeup isnt cheap!!


No comments:

Post a Comment