Friday 30 November 2012

Practice Editorial

Here are some shots of the editorial shoot I am doing. I had a practice on a dolls head to prepare myself for the real deal. 

Head Wrap
I created the head wrap in my own way to make it more fashionable as opposed to traditional. 
Before wrapping the scarf, I styled the models hair up in a bun, using a doughnut. The doughnut was placed on the top of the models head to give volume underneath the scarf, otherwise it could look quite flat.
Step One: Place one edge of the scarf (the width) over the front hair line and bring the rest down around the sides to the back. Pull out tightly to get rid of any bumps or creases.
Step Two: Then, form the lentgh of the scarf thats left behind the back of a head into a a bunch - as if you were creating a low pony tail.
Step Three: Twist the top of the pony tail and fold it upwards to sit on the top of the head.
Step Four: Once the scarf is in place, bunch out the remains on the scarf that sits on the top of the head. Then, tie a hair tie around it as if you were creating a bun with normal hair.
Step Five: Finally, loosen out the rest of the scarf to form shape and volume on the top of the head.
And that was it! Sounds really easy and looks really effective (I think!).




This was the final look that I am hoping to use for my shoot (if all goes well). It obviously looks a little different on the dolls head as opposed to the real model, but its just a brief idea!

FACECHART


My face chart tries to express the makeup on the face and down to the shoulders.The makeup on the face is quite simple because I didnt want to overcrowd the look when it came to applying the jewellery and the scarification. Editorial is supposed to show beauty and creativity which I do think I will achieve with this look.

It was said that we had to include a technique within our makeup idea. My technique is going to resemble the african tradition of scarification. I want the scars to look really red and raw, as if they are new to the skin. I also want them to be in the style of african patterns, to bring in the influence of the tribal patterns I have previously looked at.
These are the pactice shots and makeup drawings for the tribal technique I will be applying to my look:

Practice Patterns on Paper

Practice Technique on Paper

Practice Scarification on Skin
The scarification is a really effective technique. I created this look by using Tuplast (a glue substance that is easy, and suitable, to draw with on the skin) and Supracolors (a face paint product that is suitable under light and creates amazing colours and blending techniques).

No comments:

Post a Comment