Thursday 6 December 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice... Catwalk!

These images show my practicing for this shoot. I am pretty confident on my idea now, but I have experimented using different shapes, colours and sizes to see what I prefer. For example, I practiced the scarification under red, then plain foundation, and then clay. A lot of my practices were on paper just so I could get a rough idea of the technique, but some more important are on the skin.

Take a look!
But first, have a look at the face chart I am working from. This will help you to recognise the link between my idea and my outcome.



NATIVE AFRICAN / AMERICAN FACE CHART FOR CATWALK SHOOT.
_______________________________________________________________________

PRACTICE IMAGES:

CLAY OVER THE SKIN

ETCHING INTO CLAY WITH WOODEN STICK

SCARIFICATION ON THE FOREHEAD
These were three images taken from my practice shoot. The model used here is the model I intend to use for the actual shoot. This practice was very helpful for me. I learnt that the clay face mask I used wasnt right for me because it came out green, when I wanted one that was grey. Green was an olive face mask, which isnt right. It doesnt look like a muddy effect and it didnt blend with the skin or the rest of the make up well at all. I also learnt that the thickness of the glue for the scarification needs to be much larger because it didnt show up under the makeup or the lighting very well. The final thing I learnt was that the clay dries extremely quickly, so instead of applying it all over the body first, I should apply it section by section. I should etch into one side first and then apply and etch on the other side so the clay separates well and has the same outcome on each side.





Experiments for shoot - finalised ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment