Friday 7 December 2012

Catwalk Preview!

Heres a preview of some images that I have taken for my catwalk look!
I am pleased with the outcome of the make up and the styling, but the camera, focus and lighting all need to be done properly in the studio, not just up against a wall! The quality just isn't right.

But, take a look anyway!





So, I yet again changed my mind for this look.

I tried the red across the forehead but it just didnt work. Basically, I had to design the look from memory and expectations of the head piece because it hadnt yet arrived. However, this didnt work in my favour because the front of the head piece came down so low, which meant the red was lost. I do prefer this idea for scarification though, because the scars look old as opposed to raw, which they are for my editorial shoot. I also changed my mind for the accessories. Originally the chest was going to be covered in a clay mud mask (to look like mud) and there was going to be etching into it. But when I put this look together I decided that I wasnt a fan of this because it looked to plain when combined with the head piece. Instead, I accessorised over the top of the mud with a fur neck piece and a wooden necklace. This look was much more successful because the outcome was more African inspired, where as before it didnt show elements of my chosen tribe, 'Native African' it just showed elements of native American. The animal print fur worked perfect for Africa as did the wooden beads, but the feathers represented the research I recevied when looking into Native American.

I am so pleased with the outcome and the fact I did a test run! Now I need to shoot this properly in the studio!!!

(the positioning of the ear needs to be corrected as well! this has bugged me more than the bad quality image!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment