Thursday 6 December 2012

Make a Plan and Stick to it..!

I have done a lot more planning for the catwalk shoot than I did for the editorial. There are two reasons for this: 1) This look is a lot more complicated and significant and 2) The idea has been changed a lot of times and therefore has needed a lot more focus.
There are a few factors that I need to focus on a lot more, which I learnt from the previous tribal shoot.  Here's a list of things that I am being extra critical with:

TIME MANAGEMENT
 
This is something I have really found important. When creating the look for my editorial shoot, I was confident in what I was doing. However, because we were shooting in lesson time I forgot that I was also working around the schedule of others. We had 4 hours to produce the shoot, but really I needed to have done the makeup in 2 in order to have plenty of time for shooting. 
This highlighted a huge problem. The original model I wanted to use pulled out last minute so I had to find someone else. This was easy enough for me to do, but it meant working to a different models schedule, which in this case only gave me half the time to produce the shoot. I produced the shoot and was happy with outcome, but my time management could have been better.
So this is why I am planning my time management before the shoot, which I will make sure I do from now on.

CATWALK TIME MANAGEMENT

Makeup: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes.
Styling: 30 Minutes
Shooting Time: 1 Hour
Ending Shoot (taking off makeup, tidying up etc): 1 Hour

Due to my models schedule, I am shooting outside of lesson this time. However, I am giving myself the same amount of time because it gives me a timetable as opposed to allowing myself to go over because its my free time. I intent to stick to my time management plan by timing my shoot. I also think this will be a good way of allowing me to work under pressure and help me get a glimps of life in the industry.

_____________________________________________________

EQUIPMENT

Previously I have been known to take my whole kit with me. But this time, I have written a list of the equipment that I need. This means I am not carrying too much stuff but also means I am narrowing my ideas down. I can stick to the original plan without being side tracked by trying to add in more techniques and products that I come across. This idea links with time management, but also allows my organisation skills to kick in. It also shows that I practiced this look before hand because I will know what products to use, what colours to use and so on.

CATWALK EQUIPMENT LIST:
 
MAKEUP
- Illamasqua Foundation
- Illamasqua Powder
- Illamasqua Bronzing Pallette
- Tuplast
- Duo
- Screenface Pallette
-  Clay Face Masks
- Black Eyeliner
- Screenface Eye Palette
- Vaseline

HAIR
- Clay
- Hairspray
 - Cotton Wool
- Fake Hair Pieces
 
STYLING
- Large Feather Headpiece
- Feathers
- Wooden Beads
- Animal Fur Leather Bracelets
- Fur Neck Piece
- Wooden Jewellery
 
EXTRA PRODUCTS
- Cleanser
- Toner
- Moisturiser
- Cotton Pads
- Cotton Buds
- Sponges
- Full Brush Set
 
______________________________________________________
 
 STEP BY STEP 
FOR CATWALK SHOOT
 
MAKEUP
STEP ONE:
Begin with the base of the makeup. Apply concealer, foundation and powder to smooth and blend the skin tones. Then, contour the cheeks using the bronzing palette.  
STEP TWO:
Apply a zig zag line of Tuplast glue across the forehead, producing quite a thick line. Allow to dry and then using the supracolour palette, paint over the forehead, down the nose and towards the edge of the brow. (If the red is too over powering, go over the glue with foundation to look like a scar and replace the red with the clay mask).
STEP THREE:
Apply black eyeliner around the eyes to give some definition.
STEP FOUR:  
Apply the clay to the lips and create a cracked effect. Line the inside of the cracked lips with vaseline to allow the camera light to pick it up.
 
HAIR
STEP ONE
Work out where the headpiece fits the head. You can then work out where to attach the fake hair using pins and kirby grips.  The hair needs to come down the two front sides of the face, but blend in with the feathers.
STEP TWO:
Smear clay through sections of the fake hair as well as bits of the models hair. Clump the hair up to suggest a dirty look. The hair might want to be put into a parting first which is sectioned down the middle with clay. This will allow the headpiece to fit perfectly. (Dont forget, the hair is so important when its a catwalk because realistically each front, back and sides would be seen. So even if the back isnt photographed, it should still be styled).
STEP THREE:
Rest the head piece in place and if needed secure with pins and kirby grips. Make sure they are not visable though.
 
BODY ART:
STEP ONE:
Smudge the clay over the models shoulders and sides of neck. Dont make the neck too visable though because it doesnt blend to the face properly.
STEP TWO:
Quickly, whilst the clay is wet, etch into it using a wooden stick. 
STEP THREE:
Allow the clay to dry and crack to give off a muddy technique. 
STEP FOUR:
Apply some scarification using tuplast across the chest of the model. However, dont over crowd - know where to stop    
 
STYLING
Place wooden beads over the dry clay.
Stick the wooden beads over the dry makeup on the forehead (above the scarification).
Place fur around the neck   
 
_____________________________________________________ 
  
   



 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment