Tuesday 15 January 2013

Timed Assessment

TIMED ASSESSMENT BRIEF 

The timed assessment is between two members of the group. I was paired up with someone, and then I have to create one of their tribal looks by looking at their face chart and their project. Obviously, this is done within a time frame and then will be photographed.

Artists Information:

Face Chart:




These are my final images that show you pretty much what the look is. Its nothing too difficult and I still have all the necklaces… feel free to add any more to it if you have any.

Face:

Basic, natural makeup –full coverage and a soft coral/red colour on the lips… nothing too bright (I think it was in my screenface lip pallet )

Along the right hand jaw line of the models face I used tuplast to create the lines and highlighted them with my aqua colour palette.
This is the same technique on the lower back of the model but as you can see its blue into green. A sponge worked best for this.

Hair:

Curled the models hair and added small plaits for extra detail. Back combed the top of the hair to give it height before gripping into place as a quiff. Try and hide the grips as much as possible by crossing smaller pieced of hair over them.

Styling:

I don’t have the bando or trousers as these were hers, but I do have everything else (all of the necklaces and strings and bracelets) 

Final Images:



PRACTICE:

I decided to have a practice on the look before actually working on it finally. The technique used is similar to mine in the sense that its created using tuplast, so I do feel confident because I am familiar with the product. I have also used the technique on other shoots before. I am interested to try out the look on the models back because the main focal of the makeup isnt on the face this way. I think this is a really good way to test my skills. I love the look that she has given me so I am excited to give it a go!

Drawings:


I drew out the patterns that I could see on the final images to see if I could get the hand of how they are drawn.  The colour blending seems simple enough and adding the colour to the pattern on the face is also simple. As I have said, I have used tuplast before so I am confident enough to know how to do this technique.

Practicing Technique:





I practiced the application of the makeup on the back and the design down the side of the face before the actual shoot. This was so I could get the hang of that I was doing and help me feel more confident. I also allowed me to understand what products I would need and how much time I needed to do the makeup. This will be really helpful when it comes to my time management on the day.

TIMED ASSESSMENT FINAL SHOOT:



These are my final images from the Timed Assessment.



No comments:

Post a Comment